Monday, June 30, 2008

Arachne's Tears Scarf

I decided to make the Arachne's Tears Scarf from Interweave Crochet's Spring 2008 issue. I'm using some yarn I bought last year at Loopy Yarns.

Here's the scarf from the magazine. Arachnes-Tears2008 IC pic
Is it me or does the model resemble Melissa Etheridge?

The yarn is Farmhouse Yarns Silk Blend in purple. It's 350 yards of a dk blend of 34% silk, 33% cotton, and 33% American Crown lamb's wool. Soo soft.

arachne's tears yarn


This scarf is going to be wonderful. I need to take it with me to the store and find beads to match. I don't think I'll put beads in the scarf just on the fringe. I've been reading other people's notes on Ravelry about the scarf and the prevailing opinion is that the beaded fringe helps with the drape. I just started it and this is how it's looking so far.

arachne's tears in progress
I don't think this is going to take very long. It should go from WIP to FO in no time.

No comments: