Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's All in How You Look at It

I sent my friend Ms. N an email linking to this post. I love her reply which I've copied and pasted here for all to read.

WHOA!
I think we could look at this two different ways.
1. There are people worse off...
2. While colorful and aesthetically pleasing, do we want to aspire to be this?

----

I can only connect this to my addiction to school supplies. During a recent visit to Target, clutching 18 packs of crayons, 40 folders, 40 spiral-bound notebooks, and 10 double glue stick packs, I broke down to my mother that I believe I have a serious problem. Her enabled response was, "I know."

I pride myself on the acknowledgement of my addiction, and while I followed through with my purchase, I felt justified as it was less than $20. I said to myself (as many addicted individuals do), "I am not hurting anyone...AND I got a good deal."

How long until I too am just like the yarn lady?
Will I one day walk into my house and find book cases of crayola 24 pack double pocket, pronged folders, and spiral bound notebooks hanging from the ceiling?

---
Maybe there will need to be interventions all around!

No comments: